Saturday, June 4, 2011

heroescon

And now, we've finished the second day of heroescon.  So how's my first mainstream con going?

I'm curious . . .

Copyright laws dictate that we can't use dc/marvel/etc characters to promote our own work, or sell them for a profit.  Yet I see tons of people using batgirl or green lantern or other characters on their banners, and selling tons of fanart.  They're probably making a killing at this con - but then again, I guess I use the names of pokemon, and have a few fanarts, though I'm phasing them out.

Its just frustrating.  I haven't been doing well at anime cons, and I'm not doing well here.  Yeah, I'm 24, yeah I need to be patient . . . . and I know I've got a lot of work to do as an artist.  But I don't always know what all to do to get better.

cons are always frustrating.  Am I really supposed to get a job this way?

No comments: